The Daily Dose is the official e-newsletter of the IARS, AUA and SOCCA 2021 Annual Meetings. Discover major takeaways from sessions on important topics in anesthesiology. Join conversations currently in progress in the member communities. See what your colleagues are saying about the meetings in social media. Watch recordings from sessions you missed. Plus, much more!
Feedback, comments or ideas for The Daily Dose?
Contact us at [email protected]
Click on a timeframe below to see the newsletter from that date.
Newsletter 1: May 12, 2021
Newsletter 2: May 13, 2021
Newsletter 3: May 14, 2021
Newsletter 4: May 15, 2021
Newsletter 5: May 16, 2021
Newsletter 6: May 20, 2021
Newsletter 7: May 27, 2021
Newsletter 8: June 3, 2021
Newsletter 9: June 10, 2021
Newsletter 10: June 17, 2021
Newsletter Issue 1: May 12, 2021
Newsletter Issue 2: May 13, 2021
- Diversity is Essential for Excellence
- Examining Advances in Anesthesiology and Anticipating the Future
- Is Academic Anesthesia Diverse, Equitable and Inclusive?
- Social Determinants for Trauma Patient Recovery
- The Impact of Discrimination and Ways to Address It as An Individual, Department and Society
- Therapeutic Novelties: New Hope?
Newsletter Issue 3: May 14, 2021
- Bridging the Gap in Anesthesiology Research
- Critical Care Services Reimagined after COVID-19
- From Bench to Bedside: How Anesthesiologists are Changing the Future of Medicine
- Growing into a Leader in the ICU
- Postoperative Pulmonary Complications: Understanding Patient Characteristics and Clinical Outcomes
Newsletter Issue 4: May 15, 2021
- Becoming a Leader in Anesthesiology: Examining the Role of Leadership in Preparing the Next Generation of Anesthesiologists
- Care Beyond Cannulas: The Systems, Hospital and Individual Approach to ECMO Care
- Celebrating Advances in Anesthesia and Critical Care at All Career Stages
- Key to Success in Developing A Career as a Woman in Anesthesiology
- What’s New in Anesthesiology Research?
Newsletter Issue 5: May 16, 2021
- Anesthesia and the Microbiome: New Frontiers in Perioperative Medicine
- Answering Clinical Questions Behind Chronic Pain Syndromes
- Congratulations to the Kosaka Best Abstract Award Winners!
- Hope Beyond the COVID-19 Vaccine in the Wake of the Pandemic
- Studying AKI: An Important yet Challenging Complication to Tackle
Newsletter Issue 6: May 20, 2021
- Anesthesia and Neurotoxicity Study Design, Execution, and Reporting in the Non-Human Primate: A Deep Dive
- Anesthetic activation of GABAA receptors in astrocytes trigger a persistent increase in cell-surface expression of α5GABAA receptors in neurons via IL-1β in mice
- How Anesthesiologists Can Be Leaders in Patient Care
- Searching for Answers to the Unknowns in Pediatric Anesthetic Neurotoxicity Research
- Strategies Against Pediatric Sleep Breathing Disorders
Newsletter Issue 7: May 27, 2021
- Do Multiple Choice Questions Lead to Long-Term Retention?
- Kosaka Best Basic Science Research Award Winner: Shufang He, PhD
- Kosaka Clinical Research Award Winner: Keith M. Vogt, MD, PhD
- Kosaka Scholars Presentation Award Winner: Yifan Xu, MD, PhD
- Promoting and Highlighting Global Anesthesia Research and Shared Decision-Making
- Research Highlights from the 2021 Kosaka Best Abstract Award Winners and Finalists
Newsletter Issue 8: June 3, 2021
- How to Manage Acute Pain in Morbidly Obese Patients
- Meeting Experts in Neuroanesthesia
- Negotiating, Mediating and Facilitating in the Work Place: How to Develop and Employ Your Skills
- Networking and Engagement Among the Newest Generation of Anesthesiologist-Scientist Leaders
- Overcoming Burnout among Healthcare Providers
- Searching for Solutions to Medicine’s Biggest Problems
Newsletter Issue 9: June 10, 2021
- Convergent Rhythms: Sleep, Anesthesia and Health
- Incorporating Diversity, Equity and Inclusion in Residency Curriculum, Departments and Daily Actions
- Prehabilitation for the Marathon of Surgery
- Psychedelic Neuroscience: Mechanisms and Medicine
- Socioeconomics Influence on COVID-19 Healthcare Outcomes
- The Future of the Anesthesiology Physician Scientist: An Anesthesia Research Council Update and Needs Assessment
Newsletter Issue 10: June 17, 2021
- Confused Mice and Men: Can We Establish a Clinically Relevant Animal Model for Postoperative Delirium?
- Optimizing Ventilation in ARDS patients with Marginal Right and Left Ventricular Function
- The Future is Now: How Advances in Technology are Already Affecting Anesthesiology Practice
- The Role of Journals for the Future Direction of Anesthesiology
- Will Machine Learning Replace Clinical Acumen?