Attach your identity to your research and receive proper recognition for your work!
What is ORCID?
An ORCID identifier (ORCID iD) is a unique, personal, persistent identifier for researchers that distinguishes you from every other researcher and enables you to link your publications to your unique record, ensuring your work is recognized.
Getting an ORCID iD is free and easy to do through the ORCID registration page: orcid.org/register
Who is ORCID?
ORCID is an international, interdisciplinary, open, and not-for-profit organization created in 2010 for the benefit of a range of stakeholders, including researchers, research organizations, research funders, and publishers.
What can an ORCID iD can be used for?
- Whenever and wherever you publish – your ORCID iD remains the same
- Ensures your published research is always attributed correctly
- It will streamline your submissions: A single name and password to register and sign in to different publishers’ systems
- Distinguishes you and your work
- Changing institutions, moving to another country, changing your name will never affect your ORCID iD
- Free and easy to use
- The issue of several professionals sharing the same name is solved by this unique, persistent and global ID
- All of your work featured under one profile for everyone to see
- Can be integrated into your research workflows like manuscripts and grant submissions
- Includes your publications, peer reviewer activity and makes all of your work instantly discoverable and recognizable.
Do I need an institutional email address to register for an ORCID iD?
You don’t need to have an official affiliation and there is no set of requirements to qualify as a researcher. Personal and/or institutional emails are both valid for use in your ORCID account.
Why should I register for an ORCID iD?
Many researchers share the same name, while others’ names might change their name or publish under different names during their career. With an ORCID iD, your name will be consistently and correctly associated with your research work and affiliation(s).
If you use your iD during the submission process and grant Crossref permission, together we will update your ORCID record whenever you publish an article with us.
Registering for an ORCID iD is very quick and easy to do – it takes about 30 seconds.
Can I also use an ORCID iD for articles that I submit to Anesthesia & Analgesia?
Yes! We highly encourage you to include your ORCID iD in your article and grant submissions to the IARS.
Where do I indicate my ORCID iD?
Corresponding authors are requested to input their ORCID iD during the initial online manuscript submission process for Anesthesia & Analgesia. We will subsequently collect and store the authenticated iDs so that next time you use our system your information will already be available.
Again, if you do not already have an ORCID iD, you can very easily register for one here: orcid.org/register. This process is quick and absolutely free!
We also encourage you to add your ORCID iD to you IARS membership record.
The IARS greatly values your work – we are adamant about helping our anesthesiologists share their discoveries and ensuring that they receive proper credit.