Join conversations currently in progress in the member communities. Nonmember registrants receive complimentary access to the community for the meeting for which they registered for a month following the meeting.
- Your questions will be answered. Engaging discussions that began in the live sessions continue post meeting in the member communities.
- Ongoing access to abstracts! Missed a poster that piqued your interest? Catch it in the Virtual Poster Hall in the member communities.
- Utilize the member communities post-meeting for informal discussions with cohort groups focused on specific topics.
- Connect with colleagues and thought leaders.
- Collaborate and strategize on best practices for your clinical and research practice.
- Join or start discussions on the most pertinent topics related to the anesthesiology specialty.
To access specific member community conversations, you will need to initially log into your account in the community.
- Academic and Scholarship Incentive Plans, Faculty Mentorship Programs, and Getting Involved with National Committees
- Acute Pain Management in Morbid Obesity
- Anesthesia Intensivist’s Leadership
- Anesthetic effects on the microbiome and perioperative medicine
- Areas of Variation in Clinical Practice and Their Impact on Patient Outcomes
- Cohort Groups for Small Group Networking in the Member Communities
- Delayed Discharge Following Cardiac and Major Noncardiac Surgical Procedure
- Discussing Socioeconomics and Outcomes in Healthcare with a Focus on COVID-19
- ECMO for the Epidemic: The Good, the Bad, the Lessons
- Finding Your Academic Path: Education
- Finding Your Academic Path: Research
- Frequency and Temporal Distribution of Postoperative Respiratory Depressive Events
- Learning about Leadership
- Managing OB Patients who Develop COVID-19
- Opioid Prescribing Patterns for Surgical Patients
- Overcoming Vaccine Hesitancy
- Palliative and End-of-life Care for COVID-19 ICU Patients
- Patient Deterioration and Machine Learning
- Reduction of Preoperative Anxiety Using Virtual Reality vs. Midazolam
- Sleep Apnea, Neuroinflammation, and Cognitive Dysfunction Manifesting after Noncardiac Surgery (SANDMAN)
- Strategies to Manage Biased Patients
- Tailoring Resuscitations
- Use of Ketamine in Critically Ill Patients
- Use of Whole Blood in Resuscitation Management
- Using Volatile Anesthetics for Critically Ill COVID-19 Patients in ICU
- Women in Medicine
About the member communities
IARS, AUA and SOCCA have partnered with DocMatter to create member communities for their members for high-quality, clinical discussions, to help in sharing your experience, ideas, and questions. DocMatter is a networking platform tailored to the specific needs and requirements of the medical community. This partnership will be particularly advantageous in connecting with members at other institutions. Access to the member community is a benefit of membership for IARS, AUA and SOCCA.
The IARS contributes more than $1 million each year to fund important anesthesia research. Your donation will help support innovative and forward-thinking anesthesia research and education initiatives, all of which are designed to benefit patient care. You can feel good knowing that 100% of your donation is directly allocated to research.