Membership Types and Dues
The IARS offers a variety of membership levels to accommodate professionals at every stage of their careers. All membership types offer access to invaluable resources, and members at all levels can feel good knowing that their involvement with IARS helps to advance the anesthesiology specialty and improve patient health.
The IARS is a 501(c)(3) tax-exempt organization, a portion of membership dues may be treated as a deductible business expense. Please note IARS membership dues are not refundable. Exceptions may be made under special circumstances and if requested within three months of payment.
- Individuals with doctorate degrees, licensed to practice in the medical, osteopathic, dental, or veterinary fields or other disciplines, who are engaged in active clinical practice or research relating to anesthesia or pain management (MD, PhD, DMD, DDS, DVM, etc.), would be considered full members. Additionally, this type of membership is intended for individuals licensed or accredited as allied health professionals in anesthesia-related specialties (such as CRNA, AA, etc.), as well as individuals who are otherwise interested in anesthesia research or research outcomes.
- This membership level is available to physicians in approved anesthesiology training programs. This level is also open to individuals in training programs for other disciplines (i.e. CRNA training, dentistry training, veterinary medicine training, anesthesiology assistant training, etc.) or enrolled in medical school. Training institution name, training start, and anticipated end date must be provided.
- $225 for program sizes of 15 or fewer.
- $375 for programs with 16-30.
- $575 for programs with 31-50.
- $775 for programs with 51 or more.
- Program-Supported In-Training memberships provide a cost-effective way for training programs to provide their residents and fellows with the benefits and educational opportunities of the IARS.
- This membership level is open to members who have recently retired, but still want to stay updated on the latest news in the field and support the profession to which they devoted their careers. To become a member at this level, please contact Member Services at [email protected] or 1-240-646-7089.
- Members of Anesthesia & Analgesia journal affiliate societies, including but not limited to ISAP, SAMBA, SASM, SOAP, SOCCA, SPA, or STA, receive a $20 discount on an IARS Full Membership. Click here to see the full list of journal affiliate societies. Contact your affiliate society for the IARS discount code. Only one society discount may be used per annual membership.
- The SCA offers an SCA/IARS Preferred Joint Membership which includes a discount on the SCA member rate. Contact SCA for additional information.
The IARS contributes more than $1 million each year to fund important anesthesia research. Your donation will help support innovative and forward-thinking anesthesia research and education initiatives, all of which are designed to benefit patient care. You can feel good knowing that 100% of your donation is directly allocated to research.