The Daily Dose
The Daily Dose is the IARS 2018 Annual Meeting newsletter. After each day of the meeting, we will provide articles and summaries for sessions that were presented. Check back each day to review the sessions you have attended or read about the sessions you might have missed.
Saturday, April 28
- Leveraging Big Data and Genomics to Accelerate Drug Discovery and Guide Personalized Patient Care
- Advice through Anecdote: How Experience and Mentorship Shape the Career of a Young Anesthesia Scholar
- Education, Research, and Administration: Three Paths to Success in Medicine
- Enhanced Recovery Protocol Elements: What Is the Level of Evidence?
Sunday, April 29
- Anesthesia for Children with Inborn Errors of Metabolism: Opening Up the Black Box
- Investigating, Conceptualizing and Addressing Healthcare Disparity in Anesthesiology and Perioperative Medicine
- Research Statistics for the Non-Statistician
- New Innovations in the Management of Postpartum Hemorrhage
- Blended Learning, Simulation, and Serious Gaming: Innovation for Lifelong Learners
- Generating and Funding Impactful Research in Anesthesiology
- Can Human Factors and Cognitive Science Make Medicine and Anesthesiology Safer?
Monday, April 30
- Perioperative Venous Thromboembolism: A Review
- The Role of Culture for Effective Use of Safety Reporting, Checklists, and Root Cause Analysis
- Developing Research from an Idea to a Publication: The Editor Perspective
- Measuring, Reproducing and Phenotyping Anesthetic Neurotoxicity: Insights from Intraoperative Neuromonitoring and the MASK Study
- Curing Physician Burnout
- LVADs and Non-cardiac Surgery: What to Do When They Come to Your OR
Tuesday, May 1
- Biases in Education and Research and Their Impact in Medicine
- Blue Babies: How Do They Survive?
- Women in Medicine and Leadership: Time for Change
- Management of Patients with Pulmonary Hypertension
- Perioperative Pain Management in Children with Sleep-Disordered Breathing: A Difficult Balancing Act
- Healthcare Quality Infrastructure: Too Much Stick, Not Enough Carrot
Wednesday, May 2
- Concussion in the Perioperative Period: A Common Condition Requiring More Investigation
- Mobile Technology in Medical Education
- Postoperative Respiratory Depression: Knowledge that Anesthesiologists Should Have
- Protecting Your Patients Against the Cerebral Challenges of Anesthesia and Surgery: Technological, Physiological and Pharmacological Approaches
- Tackling the Opioid Epidemic – A National Strategy
The IARS contributes more than $1 million each year to fund important anesthesia research. Your donation will help support innovative and forward-thinking anesthesia research and education initiatives, all of which are designed to benefit patient care. You can feel good knowing that 100% of your donation is directly allocated to research.